c. 2013 Religion News Service
Our own Adelle Banks reports on a new front in the abortion debate, where children conceived after a rape — but also women who chose abortion after rape — are speaking out.
Meanwhile, in California, a prominent Adventist university is under fire for naming its new economics building after a physician who performed abortions.
The Great Salt Lake Council of Boy Scouts, which presides over many a troop, says keep the ban on gay members for now.
The Vatican, steadfast in its opposition to gay marriage, nevertheless called for some kind of legal protection for unmarried couples and said the church should do more to protect gays and lesbians from discrimination in countries where homosexuality is illegal.
Did anything really change for Cardinal Mahony? David Gibson asks now that the former Los Angeles archbishop has been stripped of his official duties.
- What’s your favorite place to pray? - Jun 3, 2014
- Changes ahead for Columbia Faith & Values: A letter from the editor - May 23, 2014
- Two-room Lutheran school provides close-knit classroom setting - May 23, 2014
- How faith communities fit into youth mental wellness - May 9, 2014
- Does your faith group have a disaster plan? - Apr 28, 2014
- Springfield ‘Duck Dynasty’ show canceled - Apr 21, 2014
- Islamic Center to hold annual open house - Apr 21, 2014
- Annual Hero Awards winners announced, honored for service - Apr 15, 2014
- PHOTO: The Blessing of the Palms - Apr 14, 2014
- PHOTOS: Palm Sunday procession persists in spite of precipitation - Apr 13, 2014