There was a lot of talk about the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) ruling this week. Check out what it means for Missourians, as well as read about some people who disagree with the decision. Rev. Molly Housh Gordon reflects on her views of the striking of DOMA. But the real fight for gay couples may just be starting. However, there has been a cultural shift on the views of gay marriages, examined here.
In Columbia a group of Burmese refugees are holding church services in the basement of Broadway Christian Church.
In St. Louis the Cardinals have been getting a lot of attention – but not for their skills in baseball. They have drawn Christian symbolism into the pitcher's mound at Busch Stadium.
In Springfield, some members of Redeemer Lutheran Church are concerned with the wellbeing of Diane and Rachel, who were recently charged with murder. Pastors have assured them they will have access to Bibles and church services.
Governor Jay Nixon vetoed a bill that would prohibit the government from banning or restricting the practice, mention, celebration or discussion of federal holidays. Although it was originally aimed at protecting Christmas and Thanksgiving from being taken out of public references to religion, Nixon vetoed the bill because he is concerned about the need to restrict fireworks on the 4th of July.
Nationally, the Zimmerman trial is taking place. Here are some religious questions being answered during the trial.
In San Diego, a judge has recently ruled that yoga in schools is non-religious and allowed to continue.
The White House has decided that it will maintain its position on who qualifies for religious exemption from contraception, which does not include private business owners.
- Sufi Muslims push designer Roberto Cavalli to pull an offensive logo - Jul 18, 2014
- Better Together to promote additional interfaith dialogue at MU - May 28, 2014
- Clergy arrested after protesting in the Missouri Legislature - May 7, 2014
- Kevin Allred preaches from the pulpit - May 1, 2014
- The pastor who drives a school bus: Rural ministry poses financial challenges to clergy - Apr 30, 2014
- Alveda King, niece of MLK, speaks against abortion in talk at MU - Apr 29, 2014
- Photo: A Call to Dignity - Apr 3, 2014
- Faith Voices of Columbia kicks off movement with visit from Moral Mondays founder - Apr 2, 2014
- Skeptics conference-goers hear sessions on creation/evolution, fact-checking, and more - Mar 16, 2014
- Religion can be both helpful and hurtful when treating illnesses, speaker says - Mar 16, 2014