Interfaith Care for Creation, an interfaith garden project in Columbia, brings different faith communities together for environmental stewardship. It produced more than 1,700 pounds of food last year, which was donated to the food pantry.
Ellis Library at MU has the fourth largest collection of Baha’i books in the country among research libraries. The collection is ranked behind Harvard, UCLA and Stanford.
Father Helias arrived in mid-Missouri 175 years ago and is now considered the Father of mid-Missouri. Here is some of the history of influences he had on mid-Missouri.
A mother in St. Louis is searching for God's purpose after losing her two sons and husband. They died while going on a hike at Brushy Creek.
This past weeken,d an exchange for toy guns was held throughout St. Louis. The children traded in their toy guns for non-violent toys. Rev. Rodney Francis said he wanted to created dialogue about gun violence through this event.
A teaching assistant at UMKC had a dream to run in the Boston Marathon. He achieved this dream this past year and feels “The Most High protected” him from the bombings. Because of this the teaching assistant now plans to spread the word of God.
The insurance company for the Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese is refusing to pay for a priest sexual abuse settlement; the suicide of a 14-year-old boy is thought to be related to the abuse.
Stained Glass Theatre recently announced its 31st season. The theatre puts on Christian-themed plays and 10 years ago moved from Springfield to the Ozarks.
Darryl Strawberry played outfielder for the Mets but is now taking up a different profession. He now leads people to Christ by being a pastor.
The Zimmerman trials came to the close this week. This is how one Kansas City pastor took the news. Writers on ColumbiaFAVS have also written about their reactions to the news. Look at what Steve Swope and Kevin Glenn had to say about it.
- The Fight to Save United Methodist Camps - Oct 15, 2014
- Sufi Muslims push designer Roberto Cavalli to pull an offensive logo - Jul 18, 2014
- Better Together to promote additional interfaith dialogue at MU - May 28, 2014
- Clergy arrested after protesting in the Missouri Legislature - May 7, 2014
- Kevin Allred preaches from the pulpit - May 1, 2014
- The pastor who drives a school bus: Rural ministry poses financial challenges to clergy - Apr 30, 2014
- Alveda King, niece of MLK, speaks against abortion in talk at MU - Apr 29, 2014
- Photo: A Call to Dignity - Apr 3, 2014
- Faith Voices of Columbia kicks off movement with visit from Moral Mondays founder - Apr 2, 2014
- Skeptics conference-goers hear sessions on creation/evolution, fact-checking, and more - Mar 16, 2014