A year ago, on July 25, 2012, ColumbiaFAVS.com went live on the Internet. To celebrate our first year, we invite you to join us on Thursday in KBIA Newsroom – that's 409 Jesse Hall at Mizzou – for a ribbon cutting and some cake.
In Norwood, Mo., a man walked into First Baptist Church and began shooting on July 21. Some of the people at the church tackled him before anyone was seriously injured.
Columbia has also dealt with violence lately – not in churches, but on the streets. To share your ideas with what faith communities can do to prevent and respond to violence, come to Columbia Faith and Values' community discussion at 10 a.m. Saturday in the City Council Chambers.
An Ozarks faith group will hold a panel called “The George Zimmerman Verdict: A Faith-Based Response” at 7 p.m. on July 24. It will feature leaders from the Springfield area as well.
Catholic youth conferences are held twice each summer in Springfield, Mo. More than 6,000 are expected to attend between the two sessions.
The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod convention is being held again this year in St. Louis. They will talk about issues ranging from education to theological disputes.
In St. Louis, SNAP, Survivors Network of those Abused By Priests, handed out fliers this week as many left mass at the Cathedral Basilica. The fliers encouraged additional victims of sexual abuse from Father Joseph Jiang to come forward.
After a bus filled with a group from a St. Charles church swerved off the wet road and ran into a tree the group is now coming home. Seventeen of the 24 on board were hospitalized, but there were no deaths.
Some call Rev. William Dean of Kansas City a “slumlord” after he sets up desperate renters in houses not suitable for living.
In national and international news, transgender chaplain Cameron Partridge answers questions about his transgender and spiritual journeys.
Malaysian Islamists are angry after the Roman Catholic cleric said Christians may use the word “Allah” to describe God.
- Sufi Muslims push designer Roberto Cavalli to pull an offensive logo - Jul 18, 2014
- Better Together to promote additional interfaith dialogue at MU - May 28, 2014
- Clergy arrested after protesting in the Missouri Legislature - May 7, 2014
- Kevin Allred preaches from the pulpit - May 1, 2014
- The pastor who drives a school bus: Rural ministry poses financial challenges to clergy - Apr 30, 2014
- Alveda King, niece of MLK, speaks against abortion in talk at MU - Apr 29, 2014
- Photo: A Call to Dignity - Apr 3, 2014
- Faith Voices of Columbia kicks off movement with visit from Moral Mondays founder - Apr 2, 2014
- Skeptics conference-goers hear sessions on creation/evolution, fact-checking, and more - Mar 16, 2014
- Religion can be both helpful and hurtful when treating illnesses, speaker says - Mar 16, 2014