The hero of South Africa — and an inspiration to millions worldwide — died Thursday (Dec. 5) at 95. The Twitterverse lit up with memories, appreciation and prayers.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Mandela family at the news of the passing of former President of South… http://t.co/WYBcOZxGmq
— Be A King (@BerniceKing) December 5, 2013
As we remember Nelson Mandela, it’s a good time to pray for the people of South Africa. — Russell Moore (@drmoore) December 5, 2013
The greatest political leader of the 20th century has just passed. Thanks be to God for Nelson Mandela.
— Jim Wallis (@jimwallis) December 5, 2013
Just learned of Nelson Mandela’s passing. May his memory be for a blessing.
— Rabbi Steven Wernick (@rebsteve) December 5, 2013
RIP Freedom Fighter and Loving Liberator Nelson Mandela. Thanks for loving us enough to give your life to the struggle!
— Dr. Freddy Haynes (@fhunscripted) December 5, 2013
Nelson Mandela was a true hero of freedom who brought historic change. pic.twitter.com/L1aTPCDKDQ
— ADL (@ADL_National) December 5, 2013
Saddened to hear the passing of @NelsonMandela. History cannot contain the lasting impact of his unparalleled force for change
— CAIR National (@CAIRNational) December 5, 2013
— TD Jakes (@BishopJakes) December 5, 2013
Nelson Mandela was a great role model for all of us. I am grateful to God that we had him in our lives for so long. — Ingrid Mattson (@IngridMattson) December 5, 2013
As Christians around South Africa and the world, Nelson Mandela, we salute you: http://t.co/l2OBt2BHAM
— Ed Stetzer (@edstetzer) December 6, 2013
— Cardinal Dolan (@CardinalDolan) December 6, 2013
— Mormon Newsroom (@MormonNewsroom) December 5, 2013
- Big churches, big bucks: Southern senior pastors take top salaries - Sep 9, 2014
- Ferguson letter from black clergy becomes interracial call for justice - Aug 25, 2014
- Nursing home evangelism: Preaching at the last ‘bus stop to eternity’ - Jul 24, 2014
- Obama’s faith-based advisers divided over religious exemption for anti-gay discrimination - Jul 9, 2014
- Jimmy Carter 3.0: Building a post-presidential legacy - Jun 2, 2014
- Mormons counter ‘cartoonish’ idea of planets in the afterlife - Mar 10, 2014
- ‘Dear Martin’: Bishop’s letters to MLK trace the highs and lows in race relations - Jan 20, 2014
- Nelson Mandela dies, people of faith react - Dec 5, 2013